Frozen Cartwheel is an exceptionally good posture at creating space within your body. As your arms and legs expand out in different directions: your muscles lengthen, your joints are relieved from compression and the brain re-orientates your balance, relaxing into the new space created with every exhale.
As well as exercising the brain, frozen cartwheel challenges the muscles throughout the body, building strength and stability. As your practice develops there is room to evolve this posture, opening up extra space, building more strength and becoming more confident and stable in the posture.
- Expands your chest and shoulders
- Increases mobility of your hip joints
- Increases neck mobility
- Lengthens your spinal muscles
- Strengthens and tones muscles of your thighs and calves
- Stretches your hamstrings and groin muscles
- Increases proprioception (the sense of position in space) of feet and ankles
- Good for core stability and balance